|Brian Ireland has published a new stock image: Alexandra Fountain, Bendigo, Victoria..
The Alexandra Fountain is named after the Princess of Wales and is located in the centre of Bendigo&39;s Pall Mall. It was designed by W.C. Vahland and erected in 1881 using over 20 tonnes of Harcourt granite. It was presented to the city of Bendigo as a gift from George Lansell the &39;Quartz King&39; of Victoria. George built up an impressive personal fortune from gold mining and speculation during the gold rush era.