Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver. 3.00 from Ver.1.10 (X-T1) / 2.00 (X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition) incorporates the following issues (X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition):
1. High-speed electronic shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32000sec. (This function is incorporated in X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.) The FUJINON XF Lens series lineup includes a number of fast fixed focal length lenses which boast very high sharpness with the aperture wide open, producing excellent out of focus “bokeh”. However, fast apertures are difficult to use if the light is too bright, so to ensure users can create shallow depth-of-field effects, the camera is now equipped with a fully electronic shutter offering a maximum shutter speed of 1/32000sec. The mechanical shutter will not operate at all when any speed for the electronic shutter is selected, which also delivers a completely silent shooting experience; perfect for shots of sleeping children, pets, weddings, and more. In addition, it is possible to set the electronic shutter in 1/3 steps from a range of 1sec to 1/32000sec.
2. Shutter Sound
The shutter sound can be muted if desired. (This function is incorporated in X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.)
3. Classic Chrome Film Simulation mode brings more creative power to the X Series (This function is incorporated in X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.)
The X Series’ Film Simulation modes represent Fujifilm’s wealth of experience in color reproduction technology. New to the suite of effects is Classic Chrome, which delivers subtle colors and beautifully muted tones reminiscent of vintage reversal film. Using Classic Chrome on cityscapes, for example, will give shots a historic feel, while fashion photos gain an emotive, nostalgic look. Classic Chrome strengthens the film simulation line up and enhances the creative power of the X-T1.
4. Natural Live View function is just like the naked eye.
One of the great benefits of an electronic viewfinder is that ‘what you see is what you get’; the final image is displayed in real-time so any Film Simulation modes or other effects can be checked while shooting. But users sometimes need to see colors close to how they’re viewed with an optical finder, or to focus on shadow detail, which some high-contrast effects block out. To aid this, the Natural Live View function has been added and, when “PREVIEW PIC. EFFECT” is turned Off in the menu, an image close to the naked eye is displayed during live view.
5. EVF / LCD Color Control
“AF+MF” function enables seamless manual focusing. After half pressing the shutter to autofocus on the subject, fine adjustment can then be made using the manual focus ring.
7. Direct selection of AF area
The update will let users select the focus area using the 4-way controller, without pressing the Fn key.
8. Unlocked AE-L / AF-L Buttons
The function of the AE-L / AF-L button is currently locked, but will be interchangeable, depending on the user’s preference.
9. Change the size of the Focus frame in the Manual Focus
In the Manual Focus mode, the size of the Focus frame for Instant AF can be changed by the command dial.
10. Direct selection of Macro mode
“ON” or “OFF” of Macro mode can be directly selected without using the shooting menu.
11. Q. Menu customization
To make the Q Menu (used for quick access of frequently-used items) even more efficient, the update will allow its items and layout to be changed to the user’s preference.
12. New Video Frame rates (50P / 25P / 24P)
As well as the existing 60fps and 30fps selections, 50fps, 25fps and 24fps options will be available with the update. 50 fps and 25 fps allow video editing in the PAL regions, such as Europe, without converting the frame rate. 24fps offers a cinema-like view.
13. Manual Shooting in Video mode
The update will enable ISO sensitivity selection prior to shooting videos, as well as the ability to adjust aperture and shutter speed during movie recording.
14. Phase detection AF support for Instant AF
In Instant AF mode, which is operated by pressing the AF-L button during manual focusing, the update will enable Phase Detection AF, providing faster focusing speeds.
15. Interlocking of Metering and Focus areas
Users will be able to interlock the AF area position with the Metering area when Spot Metering mode is selected.
16. Expansion of shutter speed in Program Shift mode
In the current Program Shift mode, the slowest-speed setting is 1/4sec., but this will increase to a maximum of 4secs.
17. Addition of options in Function(Fn) setting
Add “Flash compensation”, “Shutter type”, “Preview Pic. Effect”, “Preview EXP. / WB in Manual mode” and “Lock” in “Function” Setting
18. instax Printer Print
Photos can be directly sent from the camera to the Fujifilm instax SHARE Smartphone Printer to instantly print on Fujifilm Instant Color Film “instax mini”.
19. Lock Function
Add software lock function during shooting mode. The update will let users prevent from the unexpected dial/button operation.
20. Three Custom White Balance
Expand the number of CUSTOM WHITE BALANCE from one to three.
By registering different conditions in advance of the shooting, users can change white balance conditions quickly.
21. Expand EVF / LCD displaying types in manual exposure mode
In manual exposure mode, the EVF / LCD are displayed with previewing set shooting conditions. To display, along with a mode of ignoring exposure condition, users will be able to select a mode of ignoring white balance condition. The update will let users expand variations of external flash photography especially with modeling lights of different color temperature. By registering the function to the Fn button, users will be able to change settings in quick operations.
22. PC tethered shooting support
New HS-V5 software (optional accessory) allows users to tether and control the camera from the PC and transfer images shot on the camera over to the PC automatically.
23. Change the function of FACE DETECTION in Focus-Frame Selection AF. When a face is detected, the Focus frame is shown on the face. Otherwise, the position of the Focus frame doesn’t move.
24. When pressing AE-L button, exposure is reflected to the live view.
25. When AF is locked by pressing AF-L button, the AF lock is held during zooming.
26. Add the icon to show RAW shooting is not available when an expanded sensitivity range is selected in RAW shooting. (Currently, the RAW icon disapppears.)
27. The settings below in the Setup menu are changed from the description on the Owner’s Manual. The following settings move into the new “BUTTON / DIAL SETTING” in the Setup menu.