With all the new fangled, fancy pants, digital gee-wiz-a-bang’s being released seemingly on a weekly basis, I decided to stop! I decided to stop buying the latest and greatest version of what I already have. I have the Fuji XT1 and love it but I also KEPT my Fuji X-Pro 1, and here’s why.
- Just because Fuji released something new does not make my X Pro-1 a bad camera.
- The B&W I get from the X-Pro 1 is more like film than any other camera I’ve used, X100s a close 2nd
- It’s focusing is fast enough, certainly faster than I can manually focus my Leica M6
- It’s a pretty tough camera. In fact I have my XE-2 repaired from a slight drop where as the X-Pro 1 still works
- The X-Pro 1 fits my hands perfectly. I love rangefinders and this is a rangefinder-ey as you can get……..